1. The unusual request. (verses 2-3) “...Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go to the village ahead of you, and at once you will find a donkey tied there, with her colt by her. Untie them and bring them to me.”
A. We not only have obscured obedience, we have Jesus’ humility and sovereignty on display.
2. The mission revealed. (Verse 4) "This took place to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet…”
A. This was designed to provide Israel with a major object lesson revealing to the people Jesus as the king. The ancient prophesies are being fulfilled.
3. The crowds rejoice. (Verse 8) “A very large crowd spread their cloaks on the road, while others cut branches from the trees and spread them on the road.”
A. The crowds thought they were rejoicing, when in fact they were revealing.
4. The cities response. (Verses 10-11) “When Jesus entered Jerusalem, the whole city was stirred and asked, “Who is this?” The crowds answered, “This is Jesus, the prophet from Nazareth in Galilee.”
A. Who is this? What a telling response.
5. How will you respond? (Verse 10) “...Who is this?...”
A. The king whom was revealed, is the one who will return.