1. We are to GO to all nations. Matthew 28:19 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations…”
A. The command here is to make disciples. Often we are satisfied when somebody makes a profession of faith. Jesus is not. He wants disciples, who make disciples.
B. Of all nations… we obviously do not personally go to all nations. Free Methodist world missions, in Asia, Africa, Middle East, Europe, and Latin America. We support: · Eric Spangler – Asian area director · Darren and Jill Land - training leaders across Asia
2. We are to Reconcile others to God. II Corinthians 5:19 “...that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation”
A. Reconciling people and God is at the core of the gospel. II Cor. 5:18 We need reconciliation with God because our relationship with Him was broken.
3. We are to Assist those on the mission field. Phil 4:16 “for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need.”
A. Like Paul who thanked the Philippian church for their support our missionaries rely on us back home for encouragement and assistance.
B. We assist by our going, our prayers, finances, care-packages, and communications.
4. We are to Care for the poor and victimized. Proverbs 29:7 “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.”
A. We also care for people through local benevolence, counseling and ministries like Seed, Carenet, & Set-Free.
5. WE are to Equip others to maximize mission endeavors. Ephesians 4:11 “...to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up.”
A. Locally our mission director updates us on our missionaries. As a church we provide classes on missions, and opportunities to serve local missions and abroad.