1. Our lives must be rooted in God's voice (1 Samuel 17:28-34)
2. Our lives must be rooted in God's gifts and abilities he has given you. ( 1 Samuel 17:38-40)
3. Our lives must be rooted in God's power ( 1 Samuel 17:45-47)
1. There were some powerful voices and pressure in David's life. What enabled him to go against those?
2. Are there people and places where it's difficult to be your true self? (ex. to speak honestly to, say "no" to, or not be afraid of what others think?
3. What are the "giants" in your life that you are currently facing?
4. What is one action step you can take today to draw you closer to God?