1. Servanthood is the willingness to humble oneself and act for the benefit of another in the name of Christ.
2. Servanthood is the mark of a follower of Jesus but all too often our service is limited by our desire to satisfy our self. (Galatians 5:13b)
3. If Jesus Christ, the son of the living God, is able to serve his own people then we should be able to do the same with his power working in us. (John 13:17)
1. How do you define freedom? When in your life have you found yourself to be the most free?
2. What is the freedom found in the grace of God? How is it similar or different from other types of freedom?
3. What limits your freedom? The Galatians allowed themselves to be enslaved to legalism. What enslaves you?
4. Most people want to be free so they can do whatever they want. This usually means serving themselves. Where does this lead?
5. Paul turns the idea of freedom on its head. He instructs us to use our freedom to serve others. What would motivate Paul to use our precious freedom in this way?